Game* Day and Game* Day II were EXIT Santa Cruz’s pop-up escape room events in Summer 2016.
Questions and Answers
- What is an escape room? An interactive game where teams have a time limit to find clues and solve puzzles. Read more about escape rooms here.
- Is it scary? Our game is more challenging than scary. And you won’t actually be locked inside the room.
- Can kids play? The games are designed for adults and teens and may be too challenging for kids under the age of 11.
- What will EXIT Santa Cruz offer? On weekends and evenings we will offer 60 minute escape room games for groups of 6 to 10 people. During the week we will host team-building events for corporations and student organizations that include custom games and skill-building assessments. We will also offer venue space for private parties.
- Who are the owners of EXIT Santa Cruz? Christy Byrd is an assistant professor of psychology at UC Santa Cruz and Steven Cleek is a lifelong gamer. They have lived in Santa Cruz for about 2 years and are excited to bring their love of games to Santa Cruz county. Read about our story.